Tips on How to Plan Activities and Games to Keep Your Bridal Party Entertained
Hosting a bridal party can be super fun and leave memories to last! But it can also be tricky to keep everyone engaged the whole day or weekend. Here are some top tips to help plan awesome activities and games:
- Get everyone to know each other better with an icebreaker.
- Choose games that are easy to understand and don’t need lots of prep or equipment.
- Remember any physical limitations or preferences your guests may have.
- Make games and activities match the theme or location.
- Give everyone a break every now and then for rest and recharge.
By following these ideas and customizing activities and games to your group, you’re sure to have an unforgettable and enjoyable time for everyone!
Pre-wedding Party Games
Are you having trouble entertaining your bridal party? Don’t worry! Here are some fun ideas for games and activities. From classic favourites to personalized contests, this section will give you great tips for keeping your bridesmaids and groomsmen involved. Have fun!
Icebreakers are fun and can help guests get to know each other. If you’re planning a pre-wedding bash, they can keep everyone entertained. Here are some tips to plan activities:
- Start the icebreakers early in the event.
- Choose activities related to the party or wedding.
- Take into account ages and interests of guests when selecting icebreakers.
- Prepare materials and instructions in advance.
- Have backup activities, just in case.
- Encourage guests to participate, but never force them.
Include icebreakers for a fun and memorable experience. Pro tip – Plan activities that are inclusive, catering to everyone’s interests.
Are you planning a pre-wedding party for your bridal party? Need ideas to keep everyone entertained? Take this quiz and find out what activities and games to plan!
Q1: Where are you hosting the party?
- A) Private home or backyard
- B) Public park or beach
- C) Restaurant or event venue
Q2: How many guests?
- A) Less than 10
- B) 10-20
- C) Over 20
Q3: Age range of guests?
- A) Under 30
- B) 30-50
- C) Over 50
Q4: How much time to plan?
- A) Less than a week
- B) 1-2 weeks
- C) More than 2 weeks
Q5: Budget for activities & games?
- A) Less than $50
- B) $50-$100
- C) More than $100
A’s: Outdoor games e.g. cornhole, giant Jenga, Frisbee. Or indoor games like board games or charades.
B’s: Structured activities like a cooking or mixology class, wine tasting, or escape room. Or games like trivia or Pictionary.
C’s: Upscale activities like spa day, fancy dinner, or wine tour. Games like Cards Against Humanity or a Murder Mystery party.
Pro tip: Consider everyone’s interests & comfort level. Provide food, drinks, and music to keep the party going!
Scavenger hunts are fun pre-wedding party games. Here’s how to plan one successfully!
- Create a list with items that are relevant to the bride and groom or the wedding theme.
- Divide the bridal party into teams and give them a time limit.
- Assign points to each item based on difficulty.
- Provide teams with digital cameras or smartphones for pics.
- At the end, meet back at the starting point and score each team.
- Give the winning team a prize, like a gift card or personalized item.
Pro Tip: Incorporate inside jokes or personal items for more fun and meaning!
Wedding Day Games
Need some entertainment for your wedding? Games are the perfect way to have fun with your guests and bridal party! There are lots of different types of games to choose from. It all depends on your style, venue and guests. Here are a few ideas for you to check out. Have a blast!
Lawn games are an awesome way to keep your bridal party and guests amused on your wedding day. Here are some tips to help you plan them:
- Consider the space – choose games that match the size and shape of your venue. Examples: Cornhole, Giant Jenga and Ring Toss are perfect for outdoor areas.
- Choose games everyone can play – opt for ones that don’t need much physical activity and are easy to learn. Examples: Croquet, Bocce Ball, Frisbee – good for all ages and skill levels.
- Personalize the games – design custom lawn games with your own colors, designs and logos. This adds a unique touch to your special day.
- Provide enough supplies – make sure you have enough stuff for everyone to play comfortably. Have extras – balls, frisbees, bean bags – in case they go missing.
Pro Tip: Do a test run of the games with your bridal party before the big day – this ensures things run smoothly.
Fun dancing games are a great way to keep the wedding guests on the dance floor all night. Here are some simple ideas:
- The Shoe Game – Bride and groom sit back-to-back. Hold one of each other’s shoes. DJ asks questions. Raise shoe that best fits the answer. Everyone laughs.
- Conga Line – Chain up guests and dance to upbeat music.
- Limbo – Dance to tropical music. Go under a limbo stick, lowered gradually.
- Dance-Off – Guests show off their best moves. Bridal party cheers them on.
Planning wedding day activities is fun and can add extra excitement. Pro tip: choose games that all ages can join in, to make sure everyone has a good time.
A photo booth is a great way to add a little fun to your wedding. Here’s how to plan it:
- Location: Pick a spot that’s easy to get to, but not in the way of people walking around.
- Props and backdrops: Have lots of props and backdrops for your guests to use. That could mean funny hats, glasses, or signs.
- Lighting: Bright lighting is critical for good pics. Make sure you have enough lighting or add more if needed.
- Photo booth attendant: Consider hiring someone to help guests with questions or technical issues.
- Share the photos: Don’t forget to share the pics taken at the booth on social media or with your guests.
A photo booth is a great way to capture some fun moments with your bridal party. Plus, have a contest or award for the best photo taken!
Bridal Shower Games
Bridal showers can be made even more fun with games! It might seem like a lot to plan, but with a bit of creativity and preparation, you can have a great time. Here are some tips to help you plan activities and games for your bridal party:
- Get creative! Think of fun ideas.
- Make sure to prepare in advance.
- Enjoy the laughter and bonding with your guests!
Planning a bridal shower can be tough. But, including classic games is an easy way to keep guests entertained and the party memorable. Here are tips for planning activities and games that your bridal party will love:
- Pick games that are common and easy to understand, like bridal bingo, bridal shower jeopardy and the newlywed game.
- Avoid games that may make guests feel uneasy or ask them to share personal info.
- Think about the bride’s interests when selecting games. Make sure they suit her personality.
- Give small prizes for game winners like candles or chocolates. This’ll make the games more competitive and fun.
By adding classic games to the bridal shower, you can create an amazing and memorable experience for the bride-to-be and her guests.
Interactive games are a wonderful way to keep guests happy at a bridal shower. Not only do they make a great ice-breaker, but they also help to create memories and connect people who may not know each other well.
Here are some tips for planning the perfect bridal shower games and activities:
- Think about your audience: When selecting games, consider the personalities and likes of the bride and her guests. Classic games like bridal bingo and trivia are always popular, but you could add a personal touch by making a “how well do you know the bride” quiz.
- Be tasteful: While entertaining guests is important, make sure the games and activities are suitable for all ages and backgrounds.
- Mix it up: Have several games available so people don’t get bored. Consider games that involve movement, creativity or memory.
- Prizes: Give out small prizes like candles, chocolate or wine to add excitement to any game.
Follow these tips and your bridal shower game plan is sure to be successful!
Hosting a bridal shower is an amazing time for the bride-to-be and her family. Games and activities to keep the bridal party entertained are a great way to make the event special. Here are some ideas for planning DIY games for a bridal shower:
- Know your people. Think about the bride and her guests’ personalities and interests when deciding on activities.
- Budget. Figure out how much can be spent on game supplies and décor.
- DIY Games – Ideas like “Who knows the bride best?” – a quiz about the bride-to-be and “Bridal bingo” – with words about the bride or wedding-related words – are popular DIY games.
- Prizes. Offer simple prizes like candles or mini bottles of champagne to make the games more fun.
These tips will make planning DIY games for a bridal shower a great experience. Pro tip- Add some fun props like photo booths and personalized décor for an extra special touch.
DIY Bridal Party Favors
Craft your own bridal party favors for a fun-filled celebration! Everyone will have something to take home and you can come up with creative games and activities to keep your bridal party engaged. Here are some tips for DIY bridal party favors:
Personalized gifts (Mugs, glasses, etc.)
Personalized gifts are a great way to show your loved ones how much you care. They can be fun to make, too! Here are some ideas:
- Decorate plain white mugs with sharpies or paint pens. Add their name, a funny quote, or an inside joke.
- Get stemless wine glasses and use glass etching cream to write their name or initials. Or be creative and add a cute design.
- Use beads, embroidery floss or even shrink plastic to make customized keychains.
These gifts are also great for bridal party favors. Plan an activity or game while they craft. Have a potluck and ask everyone to bring a dish to share!
Scented Candles and Bath Bombs
This heading is a combo of two different topics. Number one: scented candles and bath bombs. DIY favours for brides. Easy to make, cheap and customisable to fit your wedding theme. For this, you need things like beeswax, soy wax, fragrances, essential oils and colour.
Second topic: tips on how to plan activities and games to keep the bridal party entertained. Ideas like a spa day, jewellery-making workshop or classic bridal shower games. A great way to bond with the bridesmaids and make memories before the big day.
Pro tip: Set up a DIY candle or bath bomb station as a fun activity and unique favour for your bridal party!
The Perfect Playlist for a DIY Party
Crafting the perfect party playlist is essential for any DIY celebration! Here are some fun songs to keep your guests jamming and energized:
- Justin Timberlake – Can’t Stop the Feeling!
- Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance with Somebody
- Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk
- ABBA – Dancing Queen
- Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
- Pharrell Williams – Happy
- Black Eyed Peas – I Gotta Feeling
- Neil Diamond – Sweet Caroline
- Journey – Don’t Stop Believin’
- DJ Casper – Cha Cha Slide
When throwing a DIY bridal party, it’s important to keep the guests entertained. Plan activities and games that everyone can join in on and have a blast! Bridal Bingo, Scavenger Hunts, and Pictionary are all great ideas. And don’t forget to show your appreciation with customized favors that match the bride’s style and personality. Pro tip!
Other Fun Activity Ideas for Bridal Parties
Traditional bridal party games & activities? Yawn! Check out these fun ideas! Quizzes, art & crafts, virtual scavenger hunts – no end of fun! Let’s explore some other activity ideas for bridal parties.
Wine and Paint Parties
Wine and paint parties are great fun and creative activities for bridal parties! But there’s more! Here are some tips on how to plan other activities and games:
- Consider your bridal party’s interests and personalities.
- Mix active and relaxed activities.
- Incorporate meaningful conversations or reflection activities based on your values or relationships.
- Be flexible and adjust on the spot.
- Don’t feel obligated to entertain constantly. Allow for downtime or natural conversations.
Pro tip: Hire a wedding planner to take the pressure off planning and coordinating activities and games.
Make your bridal party’s day extra special by planning a luxurious spa day! Here are some tips to help you plan the perfect day of relaxation:
- Choose a spa with a variety of services, such as massages, facials, manicures, and pedicures.
- Ask the spa to create custom packages or specials for your group.
- Book ahead of time to guarantee space for your entire bridal party.
- Personalize the day with special touches like robes and gift bags.
- When planning activities and games, take into account everyone’s preferences. Suggestions could be wine tasting, cooking classes, or outdoor adventures. Pro tip: Always have a backup plan in case of bad weather or unexpected changes.
Sports activities can be exciting for bridal parties, but there are other options. Here are some ideas:
- Pamper yourselves with a spa day! Facials, massages and mani-pedis.
- Take a cooking class together. Yummy food and fun cocktails.
- Go on a scavenger hunt around town. Solve clues and tasks.
- Host a wine-tasting party or visit a local vineyard.
When planning activities, think of the bride and her guests. Plan something unforgettable that everyone will enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are some fun games and activities for a bridal party?
A: Some popular games and activities for a bridal party include scavenger hunt, karaoke, photo booth, wine tasting, and paint and sip.
Q: How far in advance should I plan the activities for my bridal party?
A: It is recommended to plan the activities at least 3-4 weeks in advance to allow ample time for preparation and to ensure availability of resources.
Q: How can I ensure that everyone will enjoy the activities I plan for my bridal party?
A: Consider the likes and interests of your bridal party, be open to suggestions, and choose activities that are inclusive and allow everyone to participate.
Q: Is it necessary to have games and activities during a bridal party?
A: It is not necessary, but it can enhance the experience and create memorable moments for the bride and her bridal party.
Q: Can I plan outdoor activities for a bridal party?
A: Yes, outdoor activities such as beach volleyball, kayaking, and a picnic are great options for a bridal party, especially during the summer months.
Q: How can I make the games and activities for my bridal party more personalized?
A: You can personalize the games and activities by incorporating elements that are special to the bride and groom, such as their favorite music or inside jokes, or by creating customized decorations or favors.